Here are some key areas of government. Can you remember a promise made and kept in each of these areas? This should be open season for the Tories to continue to hammer away at the Liberal record.
- :: Health - Waiting lines were so long the Supreme Court was forced to allow private care. Remember how health care was Martin's number 1 priority last campaign. Can he really run off that again?
- :: Foreign Aid - Martin was buddy-buddy with Bono. But Martin is not keeping their promise to him by maintaining aid at 0.7% of the GDP. Way to go Martin, now Bono is pissed.
- :: Accountability - It is not accountability to appoint the person responsible for investigating you.
- :: Taxes - The Liberals have raised taxes $500 billion in the last 7 years. Don't let the latest progressive tax cuts fool you.
- :: Democratization - 2 years since Martin promised democratization. Has he delivered? I can't think of one thing he has done to make this country more democratic. Further, Ms. Stronach was the Democratic Renewal cabinet minister. Do we know any of her recommendations after her cross-country tour? More on this here.
- :: Defense - They did increase the military by a few thousand troops. Keep in mind that they have lost many more though.
- :: Peacekeeping - What happened to all those people being sent to Dafur like Martin promised Kilgour and the country? Apparently only 2 advisors have been let in thus far.
- :: Economy - The Liberals and NDP once promised initiatives to eliminate child poverty by the year 2000. It was in those 90's redbooks. I don't see any sign of the problem getting any better.
- :: The enviornment - Canada loves the environment. But the Liberals have not delivered. Consider this fact: Between 1995 and 2002, Canada cut its air pollution by 1.8 per cent while the United States achieved a cut of 45 per cent, says the report by Environmental Defence and the Canadian Environmental Law Association
The sum of this equals a record to attack. Harper, Layton, Duceppe - start your engines.